Introduction

Hello and welcome to my travel blog! My name is MJ, and I am majoring in English and minoring in Spanish and Mandarin Chinese. Additionally, I am self-studying Italian with a friend, so language is quite clearly a passion of mine. I am certified to teach English as a second language, and have done so online, and I also work part-time as a beauty advisor at a makeup retailer. In my spare time you will find me reading, embroidering, or watching Bob's Burgers. My favorite authors are William Faulkner and Donna Tartt and my favorite poets are John Keats and Pablo Neruda, all of whom I have shed tears over. I have a terrible habit of starting books and neglecting to finish them, too eager to start the next, which is why I am always in the middle of a ridiculously large collection of novels at one time.  


I am very excited to return to the UK, and although I have already been to London, Dublin, and Edinburgh, I am thrilled to get the chance to see new things. I am most hopeful to see the British Museum and perhaps the home of Samuel Johnson, as I have recently become fascinated with his life and that of his companion James Boswell. Overall, my favorite thing to do while traveling is visiting museums, so any I get a chance to see will undoubtedly be a highlight. I also look forward to reading both new and known texts in this class, as traveling is always made better with literature in mind. 

Edinburgh, Scotland






Comments

Popular Posts